CATE LE BON - Cyrk & Cyrk II - 10th anniversary edition (Dinked Archive No 9)
PLEASE NOTE / IMPORTANT INFO ABOUT SHIPPING + COLLECTION
We are able to offer both in-store collection and shipping on this order.
However, owing to the set up of the listing shipping will be shown on both options.
The collection option accounts for this by having a reduced starting price for the LP so once "shipping" is added you pay the correct price of £36.99 overall.
1. WITH SHIPPING - if you would like your order posted (UK only).
* You will be charged the correct starting price of £36.99 for the LP
* + £5.50 postage (1st class signed)
* We will post this order to you as soon as stock is with us.
2. COLLECTION - if you would like to collect your order from us in person
* You will be charged £31.49 for the LP (£5.50 less than the retail price)
* You will be also charged postage (£5.50)
* Your total order = £36.99 (the correct price for this LP)
* We will email you to confirm when your order is ready to collect from us in person.
PRE-ORDER : Expected release date: 28/10/22
‘Cyrk’ white vinyl (Exclusive!)
‘Cyrk II’ white vinyl (Exclusive!)
A4 hand numbered poster (Exclusive!)
Square sticker (Exclusive!)
Polaroid photo (Exclusive!)
Dinked gold foil archive sticker & obi-strip (Exclusive!)
Limited edition pressing of 750 (Exclusive!)
Cate Le Bon’s second album, Cyrk, was released to widespread acclaim in 2012 and saw the Welsh singer/songwriter play live across the world, including being invited by St Vincent to tour the United States. There are small musical touches throughout CYRK which make it distinctive from the work of any other singer-songwriter, colouring the record with splashes of ingenious eccentricity and psych-pop flourishes.
“A songwriter this unique and talented shouldn’t be standing in anyone’s shadow.” Pitchfork
“Cyrk is a curious musical brew that blends Velvet Underground-style shaggy jangles with a kind of bucolic psych-folk sound” BBC Music
“One of the most characterful voices of recent times” MOJO
"A common thread can be found in CYRK, Cate's second album: the application of a sincere pop-song sensibility, and a yen for the surreal that sidesteps the zany." NME
Cryk II is a collection of the 5 tracks that didn’t make it onto the Cyrk , the rationale being that they’re distinctively different from those on the parent LP. Cyrk II is gentler and dreamier, a pleasant blend that gives way to soothing harmonies with less of the eccentricities that Le Bon has become known for.